A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Help with apply decree absolute

  • divorce2373
  • divorce2373's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
18 Nov 19 #510420 by divorce2373
Topic started by divorce2373
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have got Decree Nisi a year ago and my financial settlement is concluded in July this year. current ly it is in the process of selling the house and carry out the pension share order.

Now I would like to apply Decree Absolute, should I just fill in D36 and post it to court?

Many thanks, Effie

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
18 Nov 19 #510434 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
Hi Effie

If you are the petitioner you can send the completed D36 to the court. If you are the Respondent there will be a fee to pay. You can ask for costs. If it has been more than a year since the Decree Nisi you will need a signed declaration that explains the delay ie that finances were being sorted and states that you have not lived as man and wife since the decree nisi and that there are no (further) children born of the marriage.


  • divorce2373
  • divorce2373's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
19 Nov 19 #510438 by divorce2373
Reply from divorce2373
Hi Hadenoughnow,

Many thanks for your reply.

It is very helpful.

Kind regards, Effie

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11