A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Court order

  • Miriam78
  • Miriam78's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
26 Feb 20 #511636 by Miriam78
Topic started by Miriam78

So a court order was put in place in January and STBX is not adhering to the court order, said he is not paying.
I know I have to be the one to try and enforce this, at my own expense.

Why people get away with this is beyond me.

He also said he is appealing, on what grounds i dont know!

Has anyone else been faced with a STBX not complying with a court order?

thank you

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Feb 20 #511652 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
An appeal has to be lodged within 3 weeks of the date of the order.

I recall a matter where a party failed to comply and applied to vary the order a few months after it was made. The Judge was highly critical of the application, described it as "an appeal by the back door" and dismissed it - ordering costs against the applicant.

You should write to state the breach of the order and request that there should be compliance immediately or you will apply to the court and seek your costs of the application if there is no response within a specified period (14 days perhaps?)

You can then make the application to the court and rely upon your letter to claim your costs back.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11