A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • nelleh
  • nelleh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
3 months 2 weeks ago #514346 by nelleh
R was created by nelleh

I would like to see a copy of the family court file for financial proceeding which were initiated by me as an LiP. The case is on-going.

A number of administrative errors have been made by the Court, and for this reason I would like to see a copy of the file notes kept by staff at the Court. It seems that Rule 29.12 of the Family Procedure Rules would not allow me to do this, "Access to and inspection of documents retained in court".

So my question is, would I be able to ask for this information under the FOI regs? Does anyone have any experience of asking for such information?

The reason I would like to see the information is that I suspect I have been lied to and mislead by the court staff. I have not been able to get a straight answer from them about anything. I have made a formal complaint (which I shall be escalating), and even the response to this is misleading and factually incorrect.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11