A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Incorrect heads of agreement

  • lookingforjustice
  • lookingforjustice's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
07 Oct 20 #514374 by lookingforjustice
Topic started by lookingforjustice
1. My divorce has been finalised in court over a year ago. However the heads of agreement were factually incorrect when produced by the solicitor that my ex appointed (making reference to him providing childcare in school holidays that he actually did not) but the solicitor has refused to correct the document and advised me to approach court.

2. I have approached court and they advised the file is closed.

3. I have sought legal advice and was advised to chase up solicitor and report to ombudsman if no result. Ombudsman will not act.

4. The respondent and the solicitor are now withholding a pension share from me and the divorce fees which he was ordered to pay on 05 March 2018 unless I sign the incorrect document and pay half of the legal fees (over £2k due to them representing my ex in court and him making visits and calls to their office. I have sent and received 11 emails but am expected to pay half). It took months to actually obtain a breakdown of costs from the solicitor. Why would I ever pay towards the costs of my exes representation in court AGAINST me? I am baffled.

My ex is now remarried and has moved to Czech Republic. I have full custody of our daughter.

How do I secure the pension funds which are legally mine without signing an incorrect document and paying half of the legal costs (It was agreed for me to pay half of the agreement costs which was quoted at £750 in total).

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11