A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Appealing a financial court order

  • adelemarshall@yahoo.co.uk
  • adelemarshall@yahoo.co.uk's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
19 Nov 20 #514822 by adelemarshall@yahoo.co.uk
Topic started by adelemarshall@yahoo.co.uk
Has anyone experience with doing an appeal of a financial court order, if so did you do it yourself or get legal representation to what cost?

I have been ordered to sell the maritial home with a 50/50 split of the minimum assets left to then rehome myself and my child I am wanting to appeal but can't afford solicitors/Barristers

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
20 Nov 20 #514827 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
On what grounds are you appealing?

Have you taken any advice on the likelihood of it succeeding and the costs that you could be liable for if you lose?

  • adelemarshall@yahoo.co.uk
  • adelemarshall@yahoo.co.uk's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
20 Nov 20 #514832 by adelemarshall@yahoo.co.uk
Reply from adelemarshall@yahoo.co.uk
The Decree Nisi hasn't been signed yet so financial order shouldn't of been ordered, also I have the dependant who h this split will leave me lacking in funds to do so which doesn't seemed to of been considered in the decision
If I could have more ideas of grounds I would include them

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
20 Nov 20 #514834 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
I think the first thing is to establish whether you have an order, whether it is one that has been agreed between you and stamped by the court or imposed by the court after a number of hearings.

If there is no Decree Nisi in place I would doubt either is the case. You cannot have a legally binding settlement without a decree nisi in place.

If you have reached agreement that you are now not happy with, then you can simply withdraw consent and go back to the drawing board.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11