A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Late submission of docs

  • kudosfree
  • kudosfree's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
10 Jan 08 #10402 by kudosfree
Topic started by kudosfree
I have been divorced for over 6 years and agreed periodic payments under a Consent Order.

My ex feels I should increase payments and has applied for a variation.

Despite initiating the action she has been late submitting form E, Questionaire and now response to Questionaire agreed at first appointment.

I have gone out of my way to meet deadlines so its a bit frustrating.

Is thre any point in highlighting at FDR, is the judge likely to impose any sanctions?

We are both self represented so costs are not an issue.


  • Mrs Ingledew
  • Mrs Ingledew's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Jan 08 #11431 by Mrs Ingledew
Reply from Mrs Ingledew
At court tomorrow with a similar situation - will let you know outcome.

However don't think it makes any difference.

My solicitor says that although my x has not followed court directions ie time scales for documentation - it makes little difference

  • Specialdad
  • Specialdad's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Jan 08 #11439 by Specialdad
Reply from Specialdad
If you are both self repping why are you not using mediation to get to an agreement and get a consent order.

Its a far quicker and easier process.

  • kudosfree
  • kudosfree's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
22 Jan 08 #11489 by kudosfree
Reply from kudosfree
I did try to get ex to discuss or even tell me what she expects, but she feels she will get best deal in court.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.