A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Medical report required

  • AScarp
  • AScarp's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Jan 08 #11035 by AScarp
Topic started by AScarp
Hello Forum,
I have been asked to provided a report from my GP concerning my health.
I'm 56 and the various problems related to trying to represent my self in my case have taken there toll, hence I'm on a medical certificate at the moment.
Does anyone know what I should request of my GP as a document that would satisfy court requirements?

  • loobyloo
  • loobyloo's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Jan 08 #11040 by loobyloo
Reply from loobyloo
i will be able to help if you give more info onwhat court have asked for
I was pn in gp,s for 10 years and will advise as to what to do

  • AScarp
  • AScarp's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Jan 08 #11046 by AScarp
Reply from AScarp
Dear Loobyloo,
Thanks for your reply.
Basically, because I have gone to my GP in October of 2007, at which point I was given a med cert for depression, an evaluation at the Tavistock for counseling, and will have a cert for three months from today, my partner's solicitor has asked for a report from my GP which covers my current state and (an opinion) of my state after proceedings speaking of my ability to work.
I have also presented a statement from Dr.Smith, SpR in Psychotherapy, who I saw at the Tavistock which concluded, "I do not feel that he is suitable at the current time for anything other than supportive psychotherapeutic work. I have advised that he is referred as a matter of some urgency to his local psychiatric services for an assessment and ongoing management of his mental state together with ongoing support during this crisis."
Background is that my partner and I had been working together on a business over the last few years that is 100% in her name and now it required that I explain why I am having difficulties not seeking work.
Does this help in anyway?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.