A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

how do I send in consent order to court

  • yferch
  • yferch's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
19 Jan 08 #11188 by yferch
Topic started by yferch

Thanks to the forum's input and support and especially to Attilladahun I am pleased to announce that the ex has sent me back my signed Consent Order for Clean Break and D81.

Other than those two forms do I need to send anything else in to the court, other than fee and how many copies of each.

Am I right in that I can send this in asap, and then submit my absolute when that is due at the end of the month.

Also DJ awarded me the divorce application costs 'subject to assessment and agreement'. Well how are these assessed and a judgement made, is there some sort of form or proof or statement that I am supposed to send in with my absolute. There is only the petition fee, bailiff fee and absolute fee to be paid back, I am quite happy to pay for the consent order.

Looking forward to your response. New year, new start hopefully.

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Jan 08 #11220 by gone1
Reply from gone1
Sorry not an expert but I have submited docs to court. When you have your draft order signed you just submit it. Along with the fee and the form. Just go to the court and take all with you. They will tell U what todo. Dont apply for abso until this is done and dusted though. U lose certain rights. Wait until its been approved by the judge.

Right costs. U just need to make a statement and submit and have it sworn at court. Do it like the form E with the header and footer. Copy the swearin bit at the end of the doc and turn the last page round so that points outward. I got a bollocking from the judge in my non mol for not doing it properly. Also double space the lines.

Dont go mad with costs. And it will go thru OK. Just stick to the main items. U dont have to list money for stamps etc. AFAIK when self repping you are not expected to run up huge costs. If you have had advice from an expert such as a sol list it as a cost. You dont need to prove it at this stage. Have the original bills available for inspection if any of its questioned. Hope this has been of some help. Good luck. Chris.

  • yferch
  • yferch's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
20 Jan 08 #11246 by yferch
Reply from yferch
Thanks Chris

Had a look at Form E and think? I know what to do for the headers and footers and case information etc.

Do you or anybody else have example wording or how I should phrase or list this type of statement.

Does the dj send it to the ex to see if he contests it or whatever before issuing judgement or issuing the absolute.

Wondering when to plan the celebratory party - waited a year.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11