A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Non Compliance Form E deadlines

  • Manor9988
  • Manor9988's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
02 Apr 12 #321219 by Manor9988
Topic started by Manor9988
My stbx has delayed all matters and after I started financial order form E needs to be exchanged and filed at court by 11/4.
I have put on record at court that I would not want a delay or a request for an extension of any deadlines but suspect date will not be complied with or a request for extension made.
Spoke to court today and they advised if they dont file papers at court in time it is up to me to chase matters as they have no diary system to say this or that person has not complied with dates. I then have to pay £45 or so and request that the judge look at case and again ask stbx to comply with timescales ..
this sounds .
What sort of tack does a judge take here , can he not fine other side or do something at least ?? or is there something else I can do to move matters on..??

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Apr 12 #321236 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
The normal situation is that if he doesn''t file a form E in time, you ask the court to attach a penal notice - that''s what the £45 fee is for. This is normally granted without a hearing. The court will set a new date and warn your stbx that if he fails to file by the new date, he may be sent to prison! This usually works for some reason ;)

  • Manor9988
  • Manor9988's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
02 Apr 12 #321245 by Manor9988
Reply from Manor9988
Thanks , but again it appears it could be several weeks before my appn for a penal notice is then acted upon and then another date has to be found in the calendar of the court....
Is the revised date just for receipt of form e or does it mean that the first appt date is also rescheduled backwards again.
I would like to get remarried and of course cant until Decree Absolute and that wont be granted until financial matters resolved.
Nisi was 12/3 and I would like to remarry in December.
I have asked wifes solicitor to apply for absolute on basis I get life cover in favour of wife so that if I died before finances sorted she would not lose out.
She has not replied yet to my request. I know I can apply for absolute myself as a Respondant 3 mths and 6 weeks after Nisi but again a judge may not grant absolute whilst finances are not settled.
But if I did apply myslef for absolute say in July would I have a chance of it being granted before December ??

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.