A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Form E / E1 Help!

  • k2k2
  • k2k2's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
01 May 12 #327639 by k2k2
Topic started by k2k2

Can anyone give me a link to the latest version of form E and E1 that I can actually fill out and save on my laptop? I have trawled the Net and find many versions old and new, some you can write and save electronically and some you cannot. I have tried the wiki one but this has to be filed by hand.

Also, can someone clarify whether I need to submit a Form E or an E1 as all I find anywhere is total confusion!

I previously gave my stbx''s sol the same sa they gave me and E1 but now I have to prepare for court and their notice asks for Form E.


  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
01 May 12 #327657 by dukey
Reply from dukey
I seem to remember there is some conversion software to help with form E, i think it was Charles who posted about it.

As far as disclosure for court forget form E1 unless it is a schedule 1 application under the childrens act.

If you are going to court to try and agree who gets what from the marital assets you need form E.

Both the forms are in the wiki library.

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 May 12 #327698 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
Form E is your general run of the mill form for 99.95% of applications.

On Form E1 in bold on the front page there is the following paragraph:

If you are applying for a financial order (which can only be applied for as part of a divorce, dissolution, annulment or (judicial) separation in the High Court or county courts in England and Wales) or for financial relief after an overseas divorce or dissolution etc. you should complete Form E.

So, the Form E is used unless the Form E1 is applicable.

Unfortunately, whilst the form is freely available from the court, an editable and savable version of the form is only available under licence unless you fancy creating a cumbersome Word document or spreadsheet with tables, borders and formulae.

The easiest way to edit the documents is by hand currently which involves printing it off.

However, if you wish to complete a PDF version and save it as a non-editable PDF, you can download PDF996 which is a free application and printer driver. This creates a virtual printer which you print to as you would a normal printer but instead of printing it on a piece of paper it sends it to your hard drive (and screen by default) as a PDF document.

It''s easy to install and I was so impressed with it the first time I used it I encouraged my company to purchase a bulk license for the whole firm as it costs buttons in comparison to most commercial software.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11