A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Present at FDR?

  • somuch2know2
  • somuch2know2's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 May 12 #329199 by somuch2know2
Topic started by somuch2know2
After waiting 3 months for NHS to write referral for MRI and 4 months for FDR, I now find out that I need major surgery next thurs, 4 days prior to court! I can''t afford to postpone. Do I need to be present or can barrister and solicitor sort?

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
08 May 12 #329200 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
It is possible to arrange to be available by telephone on the day of FDR if illness prevents attendance ... but I think you need to clear this with the court and provide medical proof. I would give the court or your solicitor a call ASAP.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11