A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Can I set aside my consent order?

  • malthouse
  • malthouse's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 May 12 #334192 by malthouse
Topic started by malthouse
Hello all,
I honestly thought when I won on 23rd March 2012 that I would not use this forum again and my new life would start but another battle is looming.

I stay in marital home for at least 2 years.
He stays on mortgage for 2 years & I go back on it also.
He pays me £12,300 over two years.
If I haven''t increased salary to meet mortgage to release him from mortgage by month 21, flat goes on the market but I get any profit.
He wrecked the property with inept DIY skills & this deal allowed me time to get it renovated and increase value.

He swore on form E that mortgage was
£85,371.01 & produced a mortgage statement confirming but when forms finally came through, mortgage is £91,749. He messed around during the process changing to interest only but new paperwork is showing its back to capital & interest so suspect he''s run up charges through swapping mortgages but where do I go from here? I cant afford to take a £6000 hit and surely, I have recourse. Lets hope so eh?
We are now divorced so can I get him back to court?
Any advice thoroughly appreciated. :angry:

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 May 12 #334275 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
When did you discover that the mortgage was at £91k rather than £85k? If this was shortly after the order was made, or before the order was made - you should have mentioned it then.


  • malthouse
  • malthouse's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 Jun 12 #334548 by malthouse
Reply from malthouse
Thanks Charles for your reply. It was last week I discovered it. He also hasn''t paid me again. Back to court we go!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11