A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

court hearing but no full disclosure

  • veryfrustrated
  • veryfrustrated's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
01 Jun 12 #334475 by veryfrustrated
Topic started by veryfrustrated
My OH (Respondent)has a FDA in a couple of weeks but the Applicant has not disclosed any of her pensions on her form E and has not responded to the questionnaire. OH has disclosed his pensions but is still waiting for a CEB from the one in payment and it is unlikely that it will arrive in time as it is with the acctuaries.
Also the Applicant is insisting on a full disclosure from me as the new partner because I have a property (and am expecting). I do not believe they are entitled to this info (as I have read several posts regarding this on wikki) and as such am declining to provide this information.
My OH solicitor is now saying that as I am not prepared to disclose my information and my OH does not have the CEB that she feels it would be better for him to hire a barrister rather than her represent him...we feel she just doesn''t fancy it much and suggested a postponement is requested until all facts are available.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
01 Jun 12 #334480 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
If this is first appointment coming up then usually questionnaires are answered after the hearing on the Directions of the judge. It sounds like this may be a combined FDA and fdr which could only happen with full financial disclosure. As far as the pension goes, I assume your oh is already retired. If that is so then he had already had a lump sum and is receiving a pension income. That will presumably have been declared on form e.
If a pension share is appropriate in this case, then the judge may order a joint actuarial report to determine how it should be split.
It may not be appropriate dependi
ng on other factors.
Your income etc is relevant in that he has help with household bills etc. However you do not have to disclose details. He can just say he does not know your income.

If the disclosures are in place for this to be an FDR at which binding agreement may be reached, it may be sensible to have a local barrister on side. If it is just a fda then it seems an unnecessary expense.


  • veryfrustrated
  • veryfrustrated's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
01 Jun 12 #334482 by veryfrustrated
Reply from veryfrustrated
Thanks Hadenoughnow.

He is not retired but had to pull down a pension during the marriage due to ill health. He still works full time but has had to take a more sedate job at a lot lower rate. He had a lump which was spent withi the marriage and the rest is paid as annuity, he still has a couple of other pensions one of which he is still contributing towards.

It is booked in as an FDA (Barrister £600 + vat) but may turn into FDR (Barrister £1250 + vat) if both parties happy to negotiate without full disclosure....according to solicitor.

Also on form E OH only put his own income needs, ie his contributions (being half of bills etc)


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.