A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Non attendance at Court

  • jan12
  • jan12's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
02 Jun 12 #334727 by jan12
Topic started by jan12
Can anyone tell me what would happend if my ex does not attend the first hearing in ancilliary matters case? Or does not return form E beforehand?


  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
03 Jun 12 #334799 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Its for the judge to decide, if your ex does not turn up often its adjourned, so you get one chance, often after that penal notices are used which basically mean refusing to do what the judge ordered means you can be arrested, in extreme circumstances prison,it rarely gets that far though.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11