A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Procrastination....I do it so well :(

  • Stingrayj
  • Stingrayj's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Jun 12 #336202 by Stingrayj
Topic started by Stingrayj
I''ve got a few queries regarding my D80B....I''ve only had the last two weeks trying to get around to signing it. I don''t know what is stopping me other than my stupid head :(
It''s Question 3 that I''m not sure about.
In my draft Petition the solicitor had not got my address correct and youngest daughter''s birthday. I sent them an email pointing this out but noticed, on the stamped Petition, my daughter''s date of birth is still wrong.
My address is now different to the one when I put in the original petition, although I dont want my ex to know where I live.
Daughter has now finished school and we are looking for a college place for her in Septemember.
Do I mention all these things in question 3 under amendments and additions?

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Jun 12 #336207 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
Yes, you''d better mention then and this is actually a good opportunity to do so.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
12 Jun 12 #336215 by dukey
Reply from dukey
If you don`t want your ex to know your address you will have to complete another form, its short though and easy to complete.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.