A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Non-attendance at court

  • Jjaz
  • Jjaz's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
26 Jun 12 #339222 by Jjaz
Topic started by Jjaz
My ex is has applied to vary the Ancillary Relief order granting me maintenance. I am not contesting as I want this matter over. I have only just been sent the draft Consent Order to sign. I have signed the form and sent back to his solicitors. They then need to get him to sign and send back to court. The first appointment is scheduled for Monday.... do I still have to attend given that agree to his application to vary the order and I am not contesting anything...

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Jun 12 #339272 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
strictly speaking you should - however, in practice, I suggest that you telephone his solicitor and ask them whether they will be able to lodge the order before Monday, and if not, whether they will be writing to the corut to explain the situation and to ask that the hearing be adjourned to allow time for the consent order to be finalised.

If you don''t hear from them,you could always write to, or telphone th corut to explain the situation and to ask that your attendance is excused on monday

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11