A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

really need some help...

  • whenwillitbeover
  • whenwillitbeover's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
05 Jul 12 #341390 by whenwillitbeover
Topic started by whenwillitbeover
hi, im new to this but have been going through the divorce "steps" for about two yrs.

basically...please dont judge...i was/ am married to an abusive man. its taken me along time to realise this as he was not a "hit you in the face" type man. he controlled all finances, i had no bank account and took my child benefit, signed me up for wtc (he runs bizs) withheld sex/ affection..anything...i was just a P.A. Three kids, after 12 years i had a very abusive affair. i drank alot during this time. didnt like what i was doing but craved affection. got professional help and for my drinking. ex moved to spain to be with an ex id caught him communicating with about a year into our relationship when i was pregnant after finding out about my affair. (i was glad as i didnt have the strength to tell him) I had thought i was going mad. and saw my doctors about that. been through child custody hearings, he moved back in after 18mnths abroad after a mediation hearing when he declared nothing about bizs, earnings etc but declared a joint account i didnt know about. i took money out (was/ still am breadline) and he moved in. hence injunctions and child court hearing. He has not declared, he filled in a form E1 initially, tried to make deals, now forensic acct. he isnt providing the details. i cant afford to fight him anymore. fdr is now ajourned as not enough info for forensic to assess. i cant afford it anymore...i had no money anyway...after he left i lived on his "wage" which meant benefits. how do i finish this???? please help x

  • whenwillitbeover
  • whenwillitbeover's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
05 Jul 12 #341393 by whenwillitbeover
Reply from whenwillitbeover
i am 22k in debt already for bills to solicitors. he has (on his new form!...he is a dodgy man) 100k plus in the bank. i have nothing. i sold my car to meet bills but have bad credit, have begged and borrowed from family. im maybe going to have to self represent. or just pay a barrister.

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Jul 12 #341404 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
Have you applied for maintenance pending suit? If not, why not?

And is he not paying child support? I know CSA are pretty rubbish with self-employed people but you would probably get something - and you should be able to use the evidence from the forensic accountant to prove his earnings/capital to them in the long term.

Best wishes,

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11