A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Consent Order

  • jasmine
  • jasmine's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
15 Sep 07 #3415 by jasmine
Topic started by jasmine
My form E was exchanged on an amicable basis whilst I had legal aid. There were questions raised on both sides. I have answered mine. X2b has not. As legal aid withdrawn and ex not dealing with matters I was advised to log a financial application in person. This I did. I then filed the sworn form e at court. Notified x 2b solicitors that I was representing self and as per court proceedings requested them to advise when they wanted to exchange form e on mutual basis. In the meantime ex and I reached an agreement which we have requested solicitor to put in a Consent Order. X solicitors advised no longer required to exchange form e as per court proceedings as agreement reached which when they receive instructions from x will put into consent order. X happy as did not want to go to court. His solicitors have said deal not to x advantage.
First Court Hearing 15th October. The other papers need to be filed by 1st Oct. He has told them to go ahead with our original decision. When it reaches court if the judge thinks not a fair deal for x will he authorise the consent order. To date x form e not been logged at court.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Sep 07 #3416 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Even with a consent order there is a shorter form D8?? to complete so the judge has an idea whether or not the agreement is fair.

  • jasmine
  • jasmine's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
15 Sep 07 #3417 by jasmine
Reply from jasmine
Do both parties submit a form D8or only the solicitor of the party filing the consent order. Does the form D8 show the x2b new partners financial info

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.