A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Notice of Hearing

  • stressed1
  • stressed1's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
18 Jul 12 #344113 by stressed1
Topic started by stressed1
Due in court in the morning about financial matters. I submitted my notice of app in June and my ex-husband is attending but has not submitted a statement. This has unnerved me a little - why has he not submitted a statement?
Can he just prevent his side without me knowing his defence?

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Jul 12 #344208 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
Unfortunately the answer is probably yes. Judges have to be soft with litigants in person. As you may already have found out.

  • QPRanger
  • QPRanger's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Jul 12 #344216 by QPRanger
Reply from QPRanger
I can vouch for jonathan''s post. My stbx ''represented'' herself for the FDR and FH and it mattered not that she had not bothered with pretty much ALL the paperwork. The judge was on her side all the way through and actually prompted her to say that she wanted to stay in the FMH, even though she had already said that she had not paid the mortgage because she had been saving money to go towards a deposit to rent a place as she expected the house to be sold....

I really wish with hindsight that her Legal Aid had not been taken off her for non-disclosure....

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.