A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Court 1st appointment in 3 weeks

  • youngun
  • youngun's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
21 Jul 12 #344472 by youngun
Topic started by youngun
Hi, I petitioned for divorce in Feb last year and got the Absolute through by November. The ex-wife was not exactly co-operative but she eventually agreed on unreasonable behaviour (after she actually committed adultery, not that it matters much).

So roll into 2012 and the finances are still not sorted. I tried all the usual ways to get her to sit round the table, mediate etc. but never did get anywhere, nothing like a financial disclosure, so in the end my sol said that I may as well file it at court.

Knowing her (she''s a bury the head in sand type of person when under pressure) she won''t bother to furnish her sol with financial details, or at best leave essential accounts out, to try and benefit her I assume. I doubt even that she will turn up at court. What would happen if she didn''t show? Could this go on for years?

I just want out of this whole sorry mess so I can get my finances back in order after she pretty much single handedly destroyed them with a gambling habit.

This is starting to keep me awake at night.....:S

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
22 Jul 12 #344614 by dukey
Reply from dukey
It does tend to take around a year if it goes all the way though for most this does not happen, some can go on for years though they are rare.

If she does not attend the FDA it will be adjourned and your solicitor will ask a penal notice be served to make her attend/provide disclosure.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11