A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Is this legal?

  • u6c00
  • u6c00's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Jul 12 #345845 by u6c00
Topic started by u6c00
Hi wiki people. I''m rather annoyed about something that happened today, not sure it it''s actually legal.

Quick back story, one night last year I went out with a friend, got a bit drunker than I should have done and tripped over. I grazed my forehead. My punishment was looking like a muppet for a week!

Anyway, it transpired today that my ex took photographs of me while I was asleep, and has included these with her statement to prove that I''m an alcoholic, or some other ridiculous accusation.

Is it actually legal to photograph someone while asleep without any permission? Is it then allowed to submit these photographs as evidence when the court has not directed photographic evidence can be submitted?

They have been included as an appendix to her statement so have been submitted via the back door. Seems like an inappropriate thing to do, but I suppose there will be some excuse why it''s ok in her case. It''s been that way with everything else.

  • pixy
  • pixy's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Jul 12 #345848 by pixy
Reply from pixy
You can easily rebut any allegation of alcoholism by offering to take a hairtest. If you have consumed alcohol excessively over the past few months it will show up.

  • u6c00
  • u6c00's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Jul 12 #345849 by u6c00
Reply from u6c00
hair test has been ordered. Unfortunately it''s £900 and I just cannot afford it. I am waiting for legal aid.

If it doesn''t come through then I don''t know what I''ll do to be able to pay for it.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11