A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Interim between Mediation & Court?

  • Amanda24
  • Amanda24's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 Jul 12 #346179 by Amanda24
Topic started by Amanda24
Is there an impartial person or organisation you can go to to decide on how to divide marital assets without having to spend a lot of time & money on Solicitors arguing the matter out in court?

  • humdrum
  • humdrum's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
30 Jul 12 #346221 by humdrum
Reply from humdrum
You could try collaborative law which means that you and your ex meet with respective solicitors to negotiate a deal. Both solicitors need to be qualified in collaborative law though.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11