A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Can I dissolve ex''s petition?

  • Mr_C
  • Mr_C's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
09 Aug 12 #348534 by Mr_C
Topic started by Mr_C
Hi Ive recently been told that the judge will not consider my Petition for divorce as my ex petition filed in 2011 had not been dissolved. She hadnt applied for Decree Nisi for some reason... Is there anyway i can apply to dissolve hers so i can re apply mine? Or will I have to ask her to do so? thank you

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
10 Aug 12 #348567 by dukey
Reply from dukey
You can make an application to dismiss the Petition "for want of prosecution" this usually requires a D11 application which can be dealt with over the phone.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11