A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Notice of First Appointment and confused

  • babaloo_123
  • babaloo_123's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
13 Aug 12 #349094 by babaloo_123
Topic started by babaloo_123
I''m a bit confused by the documents I received from the county court. As I have not made the application to the court, the docs I received on "Notice of a First Appointment (Form C)" and "Notice of Response to First Appointment (Form G)", I am named as the Applicant and my ex as the Respondent however, on the "Notice of (intention to proceed with) an application for a financial order which was attached, the name of Applicant is my ex''s name and my name appears as the Respondent.

This is confusing me. Any explanation anyone?

Decree Absolute was granted a year ago whereby my ex was also the Applicant and I the Respondent. We''ve not been able to come to any financial agreement and although we''ve been for mediation, he has not accepted my proposal nor am I prepared to accept his ridiculous offer.

Please help!

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
13 Aug 12 #349106 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Its nothing to worry about, the person who asks for the divorce i not always the person who asks court to help sort out the money side.

It does not matter at all who the respondent is or who is the applicant.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.