A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

residence order

  • donnab
  • donnab's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
17 Sep 07 #3518 by donnab
Topic started by donnab
My ex has applyed for a residency order, my ex has not payed a single penny in child support, lied about how much he earns, and now has the csa on his case. Yet he is still trying to get my kids. My only saviour is that the kids all refuse to go to him, they refuse any contact, i also have a letter from chams stating that if any contact were to be made it should be under supervised visits, he does not know about this letter!
At the moment i have no representation due to tthe fact i apparenly earn too much money, so have stopped any benifits to get legal help!
pretty bad that you work full time and get no help and then have to go with out to get help
any one else had a problem like this>?

  • CollaborativeFamilyLaw
  • CollaborativeFamilyLaw's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
17 Sep 07 #3531 by CollaborativeFamilyLaw
Reply from CollaborativeFamilyLaw
Do you live in London? If so there is a free advice scheme operating out of the Principal Registry, High Holborn...sort of live the CAB but staffed by good family lawyers from Manches and the like...

  • donnab
  • donnab's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
19 Oct 07 #4944 by donnab
Reply from donnab
no im in birmingham

  • flower2
  • flower2's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
20 Oct 07 #4991 by flower2
Reply from flower2
I would be interested in this advice, do you have any contact details? I live in London. Thanks

  • Sera
  • Sera's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
20 Oct 07 #4993 by Sera
Reply from Sera
Try calling the Court office (?) for the Prinicpal Registry in High Holbourn. They have a 'drop-in' session, (I thought I read about it on this forum somewhere?)

It's the Family division of the High Courts.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.