A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Application for "Deemed Service"

  • miguel12
  • miguel12's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
13 Sep 12 #355715 by miguel12
Topic started by miguel12
Hi all,

I have filed for divorce against my wife for ''Unreasonable Behaviour'', we have been separated & living apart for over a year now. Up to the point of her receiving the D8 divorce petition it has so far been amicable, she even agreed to the grounds for divorce, however she now thinks I am after her money, as I checked on the D8, Part 10 about "Financial Order" as I want us to have a "Clean Break Order".

I did not check the part about claiming costs from her, as I have no interest in coming after her for money. However she is being difficult and saying she wont sign it as she does not understand the process.

I need to apply for "Deemed Service" as I know that she has definitly seen and read the Petition. I have emails from her confirming this, can I use these emails as evidence that she has received and read the petition?

Thanks in advance

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.