A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

geting a hearing cancelled - Children''s Act

  • SpencerPerceval
  • SpencerPerceval's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
03 Oct 12 #359229 by SpencerPerceval
Topic started by SpencerPerceval
Back in the summer ex-took me to court seeking Sole Residency of the kids. Her case was groundless and at Court I instructed my barrister that I would cross litigate if she proceeded. She dropped the litigation. But we still went in to see the judge who made a contact order and also ordered us onto PIP parenting course and to a Media Information Meeting in the hope that we would settle further contact between us.

NB: Case set aside with liberty to apply for either party to apply to the court for Review/Directions for 12 months.

We both attended the course and MIM but ex declined to enter mediation. I wrote to her requesting more contact. She did not reply. I set out the facts in a letter to the court and asked them to relist. They have nand we now have a date to go back to Court.

Now ex has suddenly agreed to one of my contact requests "with a view to avoiding court" and I have had a call from a mediator saying ex is "offering one session of mediation".

To be honest I am relaxed about going to Court as events over the summer set precedents re contact patterns in my favour. I am suspicious that this is a ruse by Ex in order to make herself look a a bit better in front of the judge....or in her ideal world avoid court altogether by getting the case set aside.

Question: what would the Court require in order to set the case aside or cancel the hearing? A Consent Order agreed by both parties and submitted for approval? (Like a financial case?) Or something else?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11