A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

First Appointment

  • jasmine
  • jasmine's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
25 Sep 07 #3936 by jasmine
Topic started by jasmine
Hi need some advise

Form A logged at court 17 July 2007
Court date given 15th October 2007
ex2b came to verbal agreement 2nd August 2007
To keep in with court proceedings
I filed my form E at court 14th August 2007.
Was supposed to exchange form E with ex2b sol by 10th September.
They E mailed me 4th Sep to say not necessary as preparing Consent Order.

No consent order received.

Court requires I file by 1st October
Notice in form G
Statement of issues
and questionnaire.

Which I have done.
If ex2b party have filed nothing what will happen to the first hearing.

Having to represent self as legal aid withdrawn.
I use all incoming monies to live on.
Where do I go from here.
any advise gratefully received.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Sep 07 #3947 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
The first hearing, as I understand it, is an opportunity for a judge to review the progress made so far and may well give directions as to how the case is to proceed, so that, for example, (s)he might order one party to disclose documents within a given time.

An application for a consent order is normally made on a much shorter form known as M1.

If you have reached agreement, then all that should remain to be done is to draw up the consent order and submit it for approval.

The drafting of the order can be crucial and if you can afford it I would advise to have it checked by a solicitor.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.