A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Does anyone know/ advice

  • tiesys
  • tiesys's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
26 Sep 07 #3951 by tiesys
Topic started by tiesys
I am divorcing my wife on UB. As part of the proceedings, I have instructed my solicitor to apply for maintenance pending suit so that I can "force" my wife to pay her fair share of the overall marital debt we have created.

I have just got a hearing date of December and have been told by my solicitors secratey that the long wait is due to "formalities that we have to complete before the hearing".

My solicitor (who I am happy with), is away for a few days so I can't ask her what we need.

Does anyone have any ideas what we will need to take to court (I guess it's a fully completed form E).

Does anyone know what happens if my ex stalls proceedings by either not putting the E form in, or basically writing a tale of fiction?

Any help/ advice would be most welcome.



  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Sep 07 #3973 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
You should file your form E at least 35 days before the First Hearing. If your wife does not produce one you have the right to ask for an order, usually at the hearing itself, requiring its production. If you suspect that your wife has told lies, you have the right to send her a questionnaire and ask for production of documnts to support the statements in the Form E.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.