A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Does anyone know/ advice

  • Sera
  • Sera's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
10 Oct 07 #4544 by Sera
Reply from Sera
Mike: Re the Land and property bit.

You can apply (for free) the the Land Registry website, to register your 'matrimonial home Rights'. It's quite a common procedure, your sol will know.

However, that usually applies to a spouse living in a home - whereby they have the right to reside, but do not have their name on the actual Title Deeds, and it'll prevent the owner selling without your knowledge.

However, if this land she acquired is not your actual home, (where you live) then I doubt you can register your marital interest on the deed. (Check with your sol)

If you're trying to re-pay debts, then the fact that she has this asset will become an issue. She will be required to make a full financial disclosre. Maybe you can get your own valuation, so you have a ball-park figure? Land Agent?

She will have to disclose ALL assets, regardless of whether or not you make a claim against them. You may be awarded a bigger percentage of assets from elsewhere, it will be up to a judge to decide how these assets are split.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.