A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • dun
  • dun's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
06 Nov 07 #6009 by dun
Reply from dun
Louise 11
I have to agree with your comments -a man at our age without a past would be a worry :-)

Also partner is the applicant. S2BX is the respondat or in this case the 'non-respondant' :-)

Life would be wonderful if we could all wait until we were all free and single with no former committments or baggage, but lust and love came around a 2nd time after many years of drought for both of us (my dp & I ) And I know good man when I see one and I was not about to let him sail off into the sunset because he had some baggage to clean up.
Kind wishes for your own future Sera but I think Louise 11 and I are grown women who knew exactly what we let ourselves into when committing to our men - :-)

  • Louise11
  • Louise11's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Nov 07 #6111 by Louise11
Reply from Louise11
Hi Dun

I'm sorry its took a while to get back to you I lost the post somewhere in never never land and I'm still wading through those 41 messages! lol

In your case because your partner is the applicant he has every right to ask for costs at every hearing, you have to get all this in some sort of order like a timeline that you can show the Judge to prove that she has not turned up to Court, she has not filed papers, she has done nothing on time ect ect. Its my understanding though that if they both agree a Consent Order before a FH (or even at the FH) then you each pay your own costs.
There really isn't anything else you can do except make sure your partner keeps to all timelines and orders.
I would also write a letter at every oportunity pointing out that she has not complied to this order or that order and that you will be seeking costs at next hearing! Keep all those letters seperate in a file along with the paginated timeline so you can ask for costs and it makes it easy for the Judge to see who it is thats being obstructive!

In your case though at each and every hearing I would put a cost form in and ask for costs of that particular hearing, instead of leaving it all to the last hearing. That way you should be able to recoup some of the fees its cost you along the way.

Kind ones

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11