A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Patner trying to get 2bx to file papers for court.

  • dun
  • dun's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
20 Oct 07 #5054 by dun
Topic started by dun
Partner has filed for divorce, plenty of notices sent to ex to try and get her to file. These were ignored, finally a court date granted but struck out because papers not ready :angry:
So any advice on what to do next, it is most likely 2bx will continue to ignore requests to file and will continue to delay matters. HOW DO YOU GET THEM TO COMPLY WITH THE COURT ORDER?
I see plenty of posts where people are saying that divorce takes years - so what can you do to make it happen if the 2bx is just being 'pig headed' because she does not want you to have a divorce.

  • Sera
  • Sera's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
21 Oct 07 #5058 by Sera
Reply from Sera
Reading others' posts; it seems that very little is done for non-compliance! Let's remember this is Family law, not criminal Law.

In 1999 after my first divorce, I attended a Family centre for the well-being of our son. It was full of men moaning that despite many Court appearances, and court ORDERS; their ex's still wouldn't allow them access to the kids...

Hence if they got visitation rights for a Saturday, they'd go around to collect; only to find ex wife and kids already out, (or gone to doctors, or whatever that weeks excuse was!) And these guys sat at this group with their piles of paper complaining that no matter what orders they'd had; there was not a Social worker, or Police officer in the country who would suddenly snatch the kids each morning from their homes; to make the wife comply!

I mention this, because the system is such that it does not appear to be imposing penalties; it almost seems like an optional extra to comply with divorce law - or not!
You will eventually get something done, but it may take a long while.
The Courts are busy, it's all a bit slow!

If she really doesn't want to have a divorce, he'll have to await seven years of seperation (I think!)

Sadly, that just seems the way it is.:(

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.