A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Court Prep Stage a/b/c?! plse

  • WikiMonkey
  • WikiMonkey's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
05 Apr 21 #516406 by WikiMonkey
Topic started by WikiMonkey
Hi, simple case, attempted to be made complex by my ex. She's claiming a lot of money after putting nothing into a childless short marriage and she's the petitioner. Get back what you put in, after less than 5 yrs, I gave her over £24k capital, theres £77k in pot left and I've offered £10k and we're now going to court..

Would someone just outline easy plain steps from here. Ive spent £8k and complaining to lawyer over fees, not spending a penny more, unless I go for another £5k barrister MAX, for some insurance, but what happens from here. We've done form E which was a complete waste of time. do I 1) complete another Form E and it goes 'where' 2) then Form A- ? and at what point do I appoint a barrister if needed for comfort blanket?! Thanks

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
07 Apr 21 #516431 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
You take out what you put in and share the acquest of the marriage 50:50. This is e.g. any increase in equity, savings etc.

If you cannot settle even with the help of mediation, you will need to apply to court. If you already have a good handle on the financials you could fasttrack to FDR after exchange of Form E. This is the hearing at which settlement may be reached by agreement.

You can self rep all the other stuff and save your money for a Direct Access barrister. If you cannot agree at FDR, your matter will be listed for Final Hearing at which the judge will impose a settlement.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11