A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

petition recieved and sent back 2 yrs ago

  • cherylp
  • cherylp's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
29 Oct 07 #5464 by cherylp
Topic started by cherylp
hi new on here, l have been living with my partner for 4 nearly 5 yrears, his ex who he was married to for 18 months living with for 2 years prior, asked for a divorce with the 2 yrs consent, we happily agreed to this and sent the petition back to court, this was in September 2005, is he divorced or did she stop it, we have had no contact with her in all this time we would like to get married next year, cant really afford solicitors so any help and advice really needed and appreciated

  • lilybet
  • lilybet's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
29 Oct 07 #5470 by lilybet
Reply from lilybet
he could ring up the family court in your local town and ask court clerk to check and see if papers where lodged if not,then he could apply for unconsented divorce under 5yrs seperation.i had similar situation,but it costs me £1000 as a judge wanted to know why there was 2 application for divorce by me.my x changed his mind on 2yr grounds unless the house was sorted in his favour,so i waited for 5yrs to divorce. from what you say you have been together for that so he must have seperated for more than 5yrs. hope this helps.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.