A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Help! Settlement prior to first appointment

  • Tod289
  • Tod289's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
04 Nov 07 #5852 by Tod289
Topic started by Tod289
Please can anyone help me? I have so far managed all the divorce and ancillary relief paperwork on my own, but now I am stuck. My soon to be ex has made me an offer of settlement, prior to the First Appointment, which I am prepared to accept. As I understand it, this means I have to complete form D81. (Statement of information for a Consent Order). However, the offer is a straightforward cash offer and D81 seems not to be very straightforward at all, (not for this situation anyway). I can't find any explanatory leaflet for D81 either. Can anyone help, tell me how or what to do? Or should I speak directly with the court?

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Nov 07 #5863 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
Try speaking with the court if it is basically a matter of knowing what to put where on the form.

Congratulations on being able to come to an agreement at this stage!


  • Sera
  • Sera's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
04 Nov 07 #5871 by Sera
Reply from Sera
Yep, lucky you!!! And well done with the self-repping bit.

OK, maybe just pay a solicitor for this end bit. Have your agreement drawn up and looked over, to make sure you're doing the right thing, and to prevent any further claims in the future.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11