A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Scottish Law and Forms

  • Raindrop
  • Raindrop's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
14 Nov 07 #6648 by Raindrop
Topic started by Raindrop
Is there a comprehensive list of Divorce (Not simplified divorce ..kids involed) forms relating to Scottish Law? English Law seems well catered for in this respect but unable to find the 'nuts and bolts' of scottish paperwork.:S

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Nov 07 #6650 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
There are no forms for an ordinary divorce in Scotland, you need a solicitor to prepare a writ or summons.

There is a section about divorce in Scotland in the Divorce Guide accessed by the Resources menu at the top of the page. If you have time I would be grateful if you could have a look and give some feedback.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11