A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Form D11 and N285 help...

  • Wolfie
  • Wolfie's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
15 Nov 07 #6741 by Wolfie
Topic started by Wolfie
My divorce is based on 5 year separation. I do not know where my ex wife 2B lives - despite numerous attempts to find her.

I cannot afford to pay a solicitor so I m submitting the paperwork myself. But in light of the above the court has told me that I need to complete an N285, General form of affidavit and a D11, notice of application. Unfortuantely they can't or won't tell me what I need to put on these forms!

Any ideas please..


  • Wolfie
  • Wolfie's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
04 Jan 08 #9964 by Wolfie
Reply from Wolfie
Back to top...

  • Specialdad
  • Specialdad's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Jan 08 #9974 by Specialdad
Reply from Specialdad
Citizens advice bureau will help you.

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Jan 08 #11083 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
Hope CAB is better in your area than mine...

Arrive at CAB reception, before I open my mouth receptionists says "I don’t want to know your problem just your name"

OK My name is Josh 2008, recep. Writes it on a pink form and asks me to take a seat

Couple of minutes later A. N. Other person asks for me and we go into a private room.

She tells me she might not be able to help me as she is just an adviser, I give my problem to her

She says it is beyond her ability and needs to speak to her boss

She goes away for about 5 mins comes back and says, my boss says you need to speak to xyz free solicitors advice available to Income Support beneficiaries

OK I go home and ring the free helpline; they do not deal with 'family matters' but will get someone to ring me with the advice.

After 3 more phone calls chasing eventually someone rings and gives me the advice I wanted, very helpful blah,blah,blah

3 weeks later I get a letter from solicitors, thanking me for instructing them and their initial fees are about £500.00

Needless to say I have written to them advising that I have not instructed them or anyone else for that matter

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.