A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Blondie
  • Blondie's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
19 Nov 07 #7070 by Blondie
Topic started by Blondie
I have just been served with court papers by my ex. He is seeking an injunction via the county court. We appear on Friday.

Now I was a pain in the bum after he told me the relationship was over, I just wouldn't accept it. I got very depressed, and was texting him an awful lot. In the end he had to use the police and it was then that I realised how stupid I was being. I haven't contacted him since the 5th of November and by the time we are in court it will be the 23rd. I shall be self-repping, he is using a solicitor.

I have been advised to contest the need for an injunction as there has been no further harassment. His statement whilst detailing some of my stupidly embarrasing and annoying behaviour does contain some inaccuracies. I shall obviously point this out in court.

He is also obviously claiming damages under the 1997 Harassment Act.

Does anyone have any experience of this sort of hearing?How long it cold go on for?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.