A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

ground for divorce

  • Moonlight07
  • Moonlight07's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
03 Dec 07 #8305 by Moonlight07
Topic started by Moonlight07
Does anybody know, can I put two grounds itno petition, as they folowed one another unreasonable behaviour and then adultery?

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Dec 07 #8338 by gone1
Reply from gone1
I would go for the adultery. Thats all you really need. Chris.

  • Camberwick green
  • Camberwick green's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
03 Dec 07 #8355 by Camberwick green
Reply from Camberwick green
Suspected adultery can be used as a reason for UB i believe too so i you want to name both it could be the avenue.. sorry to disagree with Chris.
UB can cause more bad feeling and anger theother party more though so weigh up the pro's and cons!

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Dec 07 #8359 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
Generally it is possible as the adultery if pleaded can be an element of unreasonable behaviour but I question why tactically you want to do this.

If say H provides a confession statement before the proceedings and he agrees to pay your costs what is the point??? You don't even have to name a Co Respondent the adultery can be against an un named person.

If the issue is say costs and he refuses to admit adultery then proceed with Unreasonable behaviour.

If you have evidence of a close association but have no proof of the actual adultery then sure include details of the association but dont name the other party as it will overcomplicate matters.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.