A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Question about questions related to Form E?

  • AScarp
  • AScarp's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
02 Jan 08 #9827 by AScarp
Topic started by AScarp

Just joined site yesterday and unfortunately having to run my divorce arrangements without solicitor aid.
Having exchanged form E docs, would like to submit a questionnaire to elicit further information. I understand this has to filed at court. Can anyone give me any guidance on what form these questions should take (how detailed) and how to file with court?

Basically, my story is the stereotypical finally successful business person wanting someone younger (I'm 16 years older) after 15 years of loyal support and help with the business, with a gender reversal.

I find myself in a terrible financial position and also wonder when in the process should an application for interim maintenance be requested.

I would value any advice the forum could provide,



  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Jan 08 #9831 by gone1
Reply from gone1
Hiya AScarp. Welcome to the site.

There is a format for these docs and it looks like a normal court doc. If U dont have one PM me your email and I will send you mine to use as an example.

There are 3 docs U need to create.


On the questionair you should list the things you want to know. Like if your ex is cohabiting and you know they are you should ask for proof of it etc. Look at the bank statements. In particular any amounts over £500 that you want to know more about. What I asked for was the recipient not the account. Its a waste of time know what account number it was sent to. Basically anything that you want to know more about. This is known as disclosure.

Statement of issues.

In this document you state the issues between you. She wants this and you want that. Again I can send you one of mine if you want.


This is the important dates of the marriage and property that you moved into etc. Like when you married, when you seperated and when the divorce was finalised (if it has been) Nisi and abso date etc.

All docs to the court should be in this format and double line spaced. Its very hard to read a doc that is single line spaced and the judge will hate you if its not readable ;-)They hate self reppers anyway and you dont want to upset the judge.

You can make a request for interim maint at the 1st appointment. I have never done this and hopefully someone on here has and knows what there on about. Hope this helps. Lastly come back and tell us how you got on. Good luck, Chris.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.