A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

decree absolute

  • nottm543
  • nottm543's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
31 Jan 08 #12445 by nottm543
Topic started by nottm543
i have recieved my Decree Absolute even though no arrangements for children have been made nor the Clean Break agreement i asked for. this is because my ex's solicitors sent an order in april last year to my solicitors, who at the time werent representing me as i owed them too much money. they are stating that they never recieved the order. im in court tomorrow to see about getting my absolute declined until i can see my daughter.... where do i start????:(

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 Jan 08 #12457 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
Can you confirm that you have actually received your decree absolute or just a date in the future for the hearing?

If you have received the decree absolute there is no going back, you are divorced.

It is unusual for that to happen if there are outstanding matters relating to child access etc.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11