A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Self Representation

  • Beaney
  • Beaney's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Feb 08 #15251 by Beaney
Topic started by Beaney
My husband is not co-operating with the FDR Consent Order from Dec 07. I cannot afford my former solicitors any longer and I have now decided to initiate my 'Liberty to Apply' back to the court and will begin by filing a paper back to the court hopefully in the next 2 days but I do not know what to do after that ? As my Husband has failed to adhere to one thing that was ordered by the same Judge in the last 12 months ! is it worth writing directly to the Judge to ask him to intervene in my case ? Clearly my Husband feels that he is above the law ?

  • DownButNotOut
  • DownButNotOut's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Mar 08 #15544 by DownButNotOut
Reply from DownButNotOut

It sounds like you need to get the court to enforce the consent order.

This should be reasonably straight forward.

Ring the court and explain that you have a consent order, it is not being complied with, and you wish to apply to the court to enforce the order. They should tell you which form to fill in.

You will have to attend a hearing. Which again should be pretty straightforward. You just need to take with you clear evidence of which parts of the court order are not being complied with.

I dont think a letter to the judge will help much. Just do the above.

Hope that helps :)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.