A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Is there an informal process for a change of court

  • Elle
  • Elle's Avatar Posted by
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
09 Mar 08 #16260 by Elle
Topic started by Elle
Can anyone advise/direct me?
My main witness is unavailable for the Proof date set for May 19th.....plus I have yet to receive formal disclosure of 2 assets, been waiting since 2001, forgive my impatience!

Q...Can I write informally to the Court for a change of date or must I go through the formal process? I followed the procedures to the letter when i last self repped but it did not stop the oppositions solicitor abusing me and would prefer not to ask them to co-operate if at all possible.

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Mar 08 #16262 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
Proof date relates to what??

Is this the FDR or FH?

Has H been ordered to supply disclosure re 2 assets
If not why not

If he is in breach issue a summons seeking further directions of the court:-

Given 1. His failure to comply and
2 Your witness unavailability

  • Elle
  • Elle's Avatar Posted by
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
09 Mar 08 #16267 by Elle
Reply from Elle
Sorry, I was sure I mentioned Scotland....bit muddled today!


I have asked his sols firm 7 times, in writing, as party litigant for disclosure....been completely ignored.

Court instructed (not ordered) full disclosure in August 2001..my sols never pursued the matter

Atilla....I am trying to grasp why sols have refused to adhere to the law in relation to my needs and rights...any help much appreciated

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.