A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Broken court order

  • pete444
  • pete444's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
10 Mar 08 #16386 by pete444
Topic started by pete444
As LIP,how do I go about applying for a penal notice, to ensure the Judges order is obeyed.There is no excuse for breaking the order as requests were previously made and ignored.The order is for documents to be produced which were missing on E Form.

  • DownButNotOut
  • DownButNotOut's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Mar 08 #16507 by DownButNotOut
Reply from DownButNotOut
I believe that the process would be to ask the court for a directions hearing. And sublit to the court ahead of that hearing that you are asking for them to enforce the previous orders with a new order with a penal notice attached.

But do not be so suprised if they dont seem as worried as you about the lack of co-operation from the other party. The courts seem to be very tolerant of people failing to comply with court orders and take an age to get tough.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.