A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Late exchange of Form E

  • Hereshopin
  • Hereshopin's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
21 Mar 12 #319388 by Hereshopin
Topic started by Hereshopin
The other side has failed to provide their form E and the court date passed a few days ago. Can anyone advise what I should do? It maybe puts me at a disadvantage as I have supplied mine in accordance with the court timetable. Should I inform the court? Don''t want to appear petty. I contacted their solicitor weeks ago saying I was ready to exchange and they replied saying we will contact you when ready and we are well aware of the timetable set by the court thank you very much. Implied they would take all the time they were given which was fair enough. But now they are late and I wonder if deliberate as I am not represented.


  • survive
  • survive's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Mar 12 #319402 by survive
Reply from survive
Hi Hereshopin,

this seems to occur a lot especially when the other side know you are self repping. It is almost like some game they play.

I would e.mail the solicitor and explain that you have submitted your form as per the Directions given, but have not received his/hers yet. Keep a copy of this incase you need it for future.

I would also contact the court and explain the same. Some judges may frown upon this and others may not be worried by it (as happenned in my case whereby ex was late for all deadlines and it the judge didn''t even bat an eyelid!)

At least you know you have done things correctly.

Good Luck

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11