A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Legal writing tips

  • BOWBUTTONS's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
08 Apr 12 #322487 by BOWBUTTONS
Topic started by BOWBUTTONS
:SHi there good to join but all of you keep fighting your corner!

Scottish court''s faced a forced sale action. From separation was never a tenant as had to return to Newcastle and spend time looking after ill Mother. Managed to maintain and prepare a little of property on visits back to Scotland. In meantime proved the charge of my signatures forged for £52,000 secured loan after separation made by ex. This legal issue was not enough reason to stop a forced sale action. Now have to wait for court hearing to take on banks. Emm action was recalled as I did not agree to divorce settlememnt on offer. as threatened with the cost of action and his sol. fees. So defending one or two things and ex is 50% earner where I became unemployed. Starting again but no financial settlement made yet. now ex is in England have to pursue via english court. So defending craves, condescendence, please in la. sort of going round in a few circles here a bit! :kiss:Thankyou!

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Apr 12 #322537 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Sounds rather complicated. Perhaps I''m missing something but |I''m not sure whether you are looking for tips or offering them. If it is the former more info is required.

  • BOWBUTTONS's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
09 Apr 12 #322549 by BOWBUTTONS
Hi thankyou!

I am repling to closed record after adjustments made by Pursuer. Being my x he recalled a sisted motion after he made a forced sale action. Which was not objected. he threatened if I did not sign divorce settlement he would recall motion. And looking to get court cost''s for forced sale and his solicitor fee''s paid. This is an action for the courts to decide division of Sale.

I am an equal owner of FMH. I have a few defences that the court seem to think are valid. Suprisingly an issue of my ex forging my signature for secured loan was not enogh to delay a Sale. As until proven by a court it is just a charge now made of forging and uttering. This has to be dealt with seperately. But wouldn''t you think a Legal matter wwould stop a house being sold. Banks could not provide a handwriting analysis of my signature beacuse of scanned legal documents by them. Secured loan not witnessed and hence my own evidence as used.

Does anyone know a Legal reason why a property could not be sold?

I am writing in reply to Pursuer''s craves, condescendence. Pleas in Law. And onto my 4th Inventory of Productions. Is this marked as 7 (4) 1, 7 (4) 2, etc. Can anyone clarify the rule 22 note for me. Is it just the Pursuer that uses this in reply to my avernments. A few guidline pointers just to clarify in my writing of answers to court. I am learning bitby bit!:blink:

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.