A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Property Valuation

  • dominoo
  • dominoo's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
10 Apr 12 #322955 by dominoo
Topic started by dominoo
Have been instructed by Court to agree verbal valuation/written valuation on ex husbands property which he has bought with new partner when we were still legally married. I have requested written valuation - date set by Court has come and gone with FDR appointment in next couple of weeks - where do I stand? Also will I have to assume that unanswered questions from form E will remain unanswered?

  • epitome title
  • epitome title's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Apr 12 #322959 by epitome title
Reply from epitome title

So you have requested ex''s valuation of property so that you can see whether or not you agree it, but it has not been forthcoming?

If you do not think there is any point in arranging a valuation on the property yourself, as i would say it may be difficult to get agreement of entry for the valuation to take place, I would go on either Rightmove or Zoopla and get your own valuation, you will also be able to see what price was paid for the property and on what date. Then you can take this valuation to court with you and presumably your ex will bring a valuation commission by him and it may be that that valuation may be low and the Zoopla/Rightmove one in comparison may be higher, but the two together may give you some middle ground that the court may agree.

With regards to what happens if your ex does not provide an up to date Form E before the hearing, I am not sure, but I may be looking at that myself in the next month or so, but depending upon whether you are both represented, if you are, your solicitor might go for a costs order against him for a wasted hearing or if you are not represented, the Judge hopefully will give him a good old fashioned rollocking for ignoring court Directions.

Make sure however that you have updated your form e, notified him or his solicitor that you are ready to exchange form e''s and await confirmation tha he/they are ready to do the same, either way make sure you have filed it with the court, so that the judge is not given an opportunity to have a word about missing deadlines with you too.

Good luck :)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.