A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • williamsussex
  • williamsussex's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
18 Apr 12 #324682 by williamsussex
Topic started by williamsussex
my divorce came through in nov 2011
the assets have not been sorted .
my ex will not respond to any letters or forms sent.
she has not made any payments to the joint mortage or bills for the last 4 years.
mortage payments are £1,200 per month
does any one know what forms i need to represent my self in court or any advice .
the assets are approx 50k thru house and 2 defered pensions till 2025

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Apr 12 #324695 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
You will need to make an application to th court on Form A,and th court will then issue an automatic direction ordering you and your ex to each complte a financial statement in form E.

You may wish to familiarise yoursef with Form E before you issue the application,to make sure that you can complte and file your Form E on time (you might, for instance, want to ask your pension companies to provide the relevent inforamtion about your pensions now, as this can take up to 3 months to be provided in some cases, particularly if the pension is a public service one)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.