A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Practice Direction 33A

  • dominoo
  • dominoo's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
10 May 12 #329871 by dominoo
Topic started by dominoo
Can anyone help please?
I am respresenting myself, Consent Order was drawn up in haste and perhaps a little under pressure. Judge raised issues with the wording of the order to which the ex''s solicitor is copying me in to a letter to the Court(that his solicitor has sent) with reference to the above. I have not received any correspondence from the Court regarding this so don''t really know what it is all about but gather something is not right?
Should I be contacting the Court to find out what is happening?? Not sure if they would liaise with me?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
11 May 12 #329923 by dukey
Reply from dukey
You need to be talking to the solicitor who wrote the order section 33a relates to undertakings, chances are there is a problem with the first part called the recital.

Speak to the solicitor they should be able to see the problem and amend it, oh and make sure you don`t get charged for the amendment.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.