A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

respond to statement of issues....help

  • chrissiemay67
  • chrissiemay67's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
15 May 12 #330583 by chrissiemay67
Topic started by chrissiemay67
I am desperate to know if i can respond to my ex''s statement of issues as i do not want the judge obtaining false info, everything on my ex''s statement of issues is incorrect, if i can respond how and when do i do it, any advise please as got first hearing in 2 weeks

  • Hamilton1
  • Hamilton1's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
15 May 12 #330592 by Hamilton1
Reply from Hamilton1
Hi Chrissie May,

Do you have a first appointment - if so have you received a copy of the standard directions? - You should file your own statement of issues. The Judge will not want anything that is personal - they will want the issues limited to finances so for example :

1. The Value of the Former matrimonial home is not agreed.

2. The Respondent has not disclosed his pension with ........etc

If your husband has listed a massive rant the judge will be able to see through that.


  • chrissiemay67
  • chrissiemay67's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
15 May 12 #330633 by chrissiemay67
Reply from chrissiemay67
Thank you for your reply but my situation is in 2008 after i got divorced a Consent Order was made up and included maintenance to be paid for my daughter to include tertiary education well my daughter took 2 gap years and took up working away for seasonal work but then came back home before taking up seasonal work some 200 miles away and then back home, well my ex through my solicitor got informed that our daughter commenced university sep 2011 but he stated he couldn''t afford it at the time but his statement of issues he states that our daughter left sec education 3 years ago but it''s only 2 also our daughter had been supporting herself whilst working away but my arguement she had no choice to support herself as she couldn''t commute home every day, at the end of the day should it matter how many gap years she took between education at the end of the day the consent order states tertiary education and she is now in full time education, i just want the judge to be informed that it was only 2 gap years not 3 and she had no choice to support herself for those seasonal months but how do i inform judge

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.